Thursday, April 11, 2013

My First (Real) Blog Post - What I Had For Breakfast

So the first thing I'm going to blog about is what I had for breakfast. Really. I've got over 11,000 followers on my other blog. If you don't want to follow me here then don't. I had oatmeal. I'm dabbling in minimalism right now. That's not a new religion. It's just de-junking the house. So I'm trying to get rid of anything I don't need or love or use. One of my weaknesses would be kitchen appliances. I have way more than I need but I keep buying more. Well, I did. No more. 

Anyway, back to my oatmeal. I make oatmeal by heating water with my coffee pot. Then I put some oatmeal in my bowl. (I use old fashioned oats. What can I say? I'm an old fashioned kind of gal.) Then I put in my toppings. Sometimes I use blueberries or strawberries, raisins, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, today I used chocolate chips. Then I pour in the hot water and stir it up. Sometimes I cover it with a plate for a few minutes so it will absorb the water. Then I can make myself some hot tea with the rest of the water while I'm waiting. Very good. A lot of people get those nasty little instant oatmeal packets and put them in the microwave. I don't own a microwave so that's not an option. Oatmeal is easy and good for you. The chocolate chips... maybe not so much.

What alternate uses have you found for your kitchen appliances?

4 comments:

  1. I'm not much for baking bread but have a large loaf pan that could bake a loaf if I put dough in it and bake. Instead I use it to hold my odds and ends of lids that fit on various pans. Otherwise the pans are slipping and sliding all over the cupboard, in between pans, and rolling out the door when it opens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea. I use an office divider for my lids. It keeps them all upright and it has dividers to keep them standing up and organized.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found a new use for a dust pan. Rather than just using it to catch the things the broom sweeps together to pick up from the floor, I used it to scoop up the water and ice as I defrosted my chest freezer over the weekend. It has a square shaped scoop so it was perfect for the corners of the freezer floor instead of soaking up rags with the wet melted drips to squeeze elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've totally done that before! Good thinking.

      Delete